SK-II FACIAL TREATMENT ESSENCE

April 02, 2017

how to use SK-II facial treatment essence

Happy Sunday my fellow Dress and Diners! This spring weather has been so schizophrenic as of late.  Spring in New York City is still proving elusive and my skin is paying for it.  It's greasy one minute and dry and splotchy the next.  Those of you who follow me on social media know how much of a stickler I am about my skincare routine. Taking care of your skin is one of the most rewarding things a woman can do for herself now to prevent aggressive wrinkling and skin damage later on down the line. Sure genetics play an important role in how we age but using the right products each day on your skin will ensure that you look youthful as you age.

Korean beauty has invaded the United States and it seems none of us can escape the sheet masks and skin essences on beauty counters from Sephora to Target. If you're in NYC and a K-Beauty addict, you're sure to be a fan of THEFACESHOP, Face 101 Inc, Tonymoly, The Maskbar, Korean beauty product shops that offer the latest skincare products from Korean brands. Even though I haven't subscribed to the 12-Step K-beauty routine, my skincare regimen is as long as the one employed by Korean women.

I am don't believe in jumping on a beauty bandwagon just because bloggers and fashion mags say so.  I use often use the products that work for my skin type.  I have my dedicated nighttime routine that includes Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream.  These two brands have been so kind and generous on my skin that I am addicted.  I keep using them simply because they work. I've tried several Korean beauty products and only one has become a permanent part of my daily routine.  That product is SK-II Facial Treatment Essence.

how to use SK-II facial treatment essence

The SK-II brand has been a leader in Korean skincare for decades and though it touts a very hefty price tag, it's advanced technology and ingredients have made the product like a go to for celebs, makeup artists and bloggers.  The SK-II Facial Treatment Essence in particular, is the coveted product frequently used by brand loyalists and beauty afficianados.

What is an essence? It's a serum, except it's more lightweight and less concentrated and is often used after applying a toner to add an extra layer of hydration.  So what makes SK-II Facial Treatment Essence so special?  It is formulated with the brand's proprietary ingredient Pitera, a type of yeast that speeds up the skin’s natural rejuvenation process.  Pitera carries an abundance of vitamins, minerals and amino acids to stimulate cellular repair and promote skin regeneration.

How do I use SK-II Facial Treatment Essence? After cleanser and toner,  I add three to four drops into my palm, gently rub my hands together and apply the product to my face.  I follow that up with my serum then eye cream, moisturizer and SPF.  SK-II Facial Treatment Essence retails between $170 and $229 for a 5.4oz and 7.7oz bottles, respectively.

I will be doing a full daytime/nighttime skincare routine post in a few weeks but until then, I'd love to hear from you.  Are there any products that you’d recommend and you can’t live without? I would love to hear!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe