12 CLASSIC FLATS EVERY WOMAN SHOULD OWN

April 03, 2017

classic flats every woman should own

I am in the process of purging my closet to make room for new items I've acquired over the past month and I couldn't help but notice how higher of a value I place on my stiletto heels than my flats. Aesthetically, the stilettos are more pleasing to look at perched on my IKEA Billy bookcase we've installed in the closet.  Over the years, I've collected some pretty gems at the Christian Louboutin and Jimmy Choo sample sales so it's only fair that I display my favorites proudly.  All the flat shoes in my closet have been demoted to the bottom shelves. Quel dommage!

For Valentine's Day this year, Le Boyfriend decided to gift me with a pair of red Louis Vuitton Lady Square Ballerina flats - a 1960s inspired shoe made with the LV Epi calf leather - because he said I lacked any "classy" flats in my closet.  What does "classy" mean I asked.  He said, "You need lady like flats that you can wear to a meeting without looking frumpy or a total d-bag."  This was such a dig at my pretty espadrilles and my loafers.  I do agree there are appropriate occasions for certain shoes and I certainly have worn my loafers to informal meetings but am I to understand that it makes me somewhat of a douche bag to wear my loafers? No! I say.  It makes me preppy.

Looking through my collection of flats, I realized most of the shoes I have will never go out of style.  Sure I love nabbing trendy pumps each season but my closet staples are just that, staples. I categorized the flats in my closet and came up with ten solid pairs every woman should have in their closet.  These are my "classic flats" that have been my must wear all year round, especially when door-to-door car service isn't available.   It's worth noting that flats will never go out of style as long as there are aching feet from wearing vertiginous heels.  They look amazing with skinny jeans, maxi skirts and dresses or even a shift or sheath dress for work or brunch.

shoe trends for 2017
  1. Keds Champion Originals
  2. Sam Edelman Talia Buckle Loafer
  3. Chanel Ballerinas
  4. Vince Camuto Emmari Suede Lace-Up Flats
  5. Soludos Platform Smoking Slipper   
  6. French Sole Vixen Woven Leather Slingback Flat 
  7. Sam Edelman Gigi Thong Sandal 
  8. Louis Vuitton Lady Square Ballerina
  9. Sam Edelman - Brandie Satin Point-toe Flat
  10. Giuseppe Zanotti - Crystal-embellished Metallic Leather Sandals 
  11. Stubbs & Wootton Bridle Snaffle Slipper 
  12. MR by Man Repeller - Satin Slides 
And there you have my favorites! How about you guys? Are there any shoe styles that you’d recommend and you can’t live without? I would love to hear! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe