NATIONAL LIPSTICK DAY

July 29, 2017

Lips without lipstick are like cakes without frosting.  And with that, I want to wish you all happy National Lipstick Day.  That's right, today July 29, we celebrate the one beauty accessory that can bring a man to his knees.  It seems like no matter what I'm going through, a swipe of lipstick usually brightens up my appearance, making me look a lot more presentable than I'm feeling.

I have so many lipstick colors, formulas and brands and as much as I love experimenting, I always flock to the nudes, reds and pinks.  I am a sucker for a matte lipstick and often use 'Ruby Woo' by MAC or 'Red Velvet' by Lime Crime for all day glam.  For days where my lips are too chapped for matte lipsticks, I go pick up my Maybelline 'Red Revival' or Butter London "Ruby Murray."  I recently tried the Tarte Cosmetics transfer proof matte lip stain in the color 'Obsessed' and haven't been able to put it down.  The formula stays put even through a few bites of food and drinks. It does turn glossy after eating something oily but stays hydrating, which I love. 

I have my everyday brands (above) and my special occasion brands, which include colors from Tom Ford, YSL, Dior, It Cosmetics and my new favorite, Pat McGrath Matte Trance (review coming soon).  What are some of your favorite lipsticks and colors? I am dying to try new shade and formulas.  I just started using the new Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Metallics, which has a creamy formula with vibrant colors and a bit of sparkle to vamp up any look.

FYI: MAC Cosmetics is giving away free lipsticks today at all MAC stores and retailers.  So head over and snag yourself a tube.   Shop all the colors I'm wearing below this post.



SHOP THE POST


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe